Listen to the Podcast
- 2:06 – What is the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
- 4:04 – CFPB and submitting complaints
- 5:07 – CFPB Office of Consumer Education
- 6:53 – Unified housing website
- 9:56 – CFPB Office for Older Americans
- 10:57 – Planning for retirement
- 13:11 – Money Smart for Older Adults
- 15:30 – Managing Someone Else’s Money
- 17:19 – Reverse Mortgage Resources
- 19:26 – Fraud prevention placemats, handouts and activity sheets
- 21:06 – Tips and advice for older consumers
- 22:45 – Questions
Erin Scheithe joined the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection in 2017 as a Content Specialist in the Office for Older Americans. Prior to joining the CFPB, she served as the Vice President of Grassroots at the American Bankers Association and was responsible for encouraging bankers to engage with their members of Congress. She previously worked in AARP’s Education and Outreach department, developing resources on financial security issues for the 50+ population.
The majority of Erin’s career has been spent in the field of financial education. She worked for both the American Bankers Association and North Carolina Bankers Association to develop programs to teach children and parents the basics of financial literacy. Erin obtained both a bachelor’s degree in English and a master’s degree in Educational Psychology from the University of Virginia.