Listen to the Podcast
- 1:45 – What is dysphagia
- 3:17 – Dysphagia is associated with
- 6:05 – The swallow
- 7:16 – Signs/symptoms of dysphagia
- 11:21 – What does aspiration look like
- 13:57 – Oral care and dentures
- 15:38 – Pill dysphagia
- 17:44 – SLP assessment
- 21:58 – Dysphagia can improve with intervention
- 22:45 – Where to find a SLP
- 24:30 – Diet modifications
- 26:14 – Solids and thickened liquids
- 32:55 – Food for thought
Olga is a Speech and Language Pathologist specializing in swallow disorders, accent modification, and speech therapy services for adults working to improve overall personal and professional communication skills.
Olga received her Bachelor degrees in Psychology and Linguistics from the University of Michigan in 2007 and her Masters in Communication Science and Disorders from Wayne State University in 2010.
She has since worked in several states and healthcare settings, currently residing in Northern VA and providing speech therapy services to clients via teletherapy and in acute care at three local hospitals. Olga also has experience teaching ESL and she is fluent in Russian.