Listen to the Podcast
- 1:29 – Have the conversation and give the gift
- 2:14 – Why have the conversation
- 6:37 – Starting the discussion (who are the personalities)
- 10:33 – Resistance factors people have
- 12:49 – Deflecting resistance
- 14:21 – Conversation strategies
- 16:30 – Get started today (don’t know when a crisis will occur)
- 17:44 – Questions
Jane Markley is a business and health care executive with extensive experience in clinical care, ethics, quality improvement and health IT. She founded M Jane Markley Consulting to help individuals, families, providers, and hospitals and other health care organizations to put in place advance care planning for themselves, their loved ones, and their patients and other key stakeholders.
In addition to her consulting work, Jane is a featured speaker who has presented regionally, nationally and internationally.