Listen to the Podcast
- 1:41 – Defining ageism
- 4:44 – Self awareness is first step in making change
- 7:30 – Continuum of ageism awareness
- 8:13 – Ageism affects us all (studies/examples)
- 10:20 – Ageism awareness and website Yo, is this ageist?
- 12:09 – Explicit vs Implicit bias
- 14:04 – Language and aging
- 15:53 – Elderspeak
- 17:26 – Power behind the words you use
- 20:45 – Responding to ageist compliments
- 22:20 – How to move forward
- 26:00 – Questions time
Kyrié (Kee-re-ay) is a corporate coach and ageism activist. She is the co-founder of the anti-ageism clearinghouse OldSchool.info and the editor of the ChangingAging blog with more than 30,000 subscribers. She has spoken at the International Alzheimer’s Association Conference, the Eden Alternative Conference (featured in Atul Gawande’s best selling book: Being Mortal), and has most recently been touring the country with thought leader Dr. Bill Thomas on his ‘ChangingAging Tour’. Kyrie’s book, Healing Dementia, has been endorsed by renowned geriatrician Al Power, and her work on OldSchool, with TED speaker Ashton Applewhite, was recently featured in the New York Times.