Listen to the Podcast
- 2:29 – Perimenopause vs menopause
- 5:51 – Mental health changes
- 7:05 – Clinical depression explained
- 8:25 – Who is at risk for depression
- 10:03 – Depression categories
- 11:25 – Brain Fog vs early signs of Alzheimer’s disease
- 14:46 – What can impact our mental health
- 18:11 – Diet, exercise, social engagement and sleep
- 25:08 – Natural remedies to relieve mental health changes
- 27:05 – Anti-depressants are OK
- 29:00 – Hormones
- 32:56 – Questions
Dr. Joy’El Ballard is a board-certified Obstetrician/Gynecologist who uplifts women daily in her office to assist them in taking a proactive approach to their health. She is very passionate about educating and empowering women to initiate and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
She is a best-selling author of Loving Me, Myself and “Her”: Through Perimenopause & Beyond, which is a self-affirming guide that enlightens, encourages and empowers women approaching the menopausal transition. Dr. Ballard is a Speaker who aims to provide a platform for women in the community to become educated and invigorated about facing different aspects of their health.