Listen to the Podcast
- 1:04 – Why wrote book “Meditation in a Time of Madness”
- 5:27 – Her “AHA” moment with dad
- 7:48 – The importance of movement as we age
- 8:55 – Meditation and the benefits
- 13:33 – What it means to meditate and common misconceptions
- 17:15 – Achieving grounded balance
- 20:25 – What is your purpose in life
- 23:38 – Visualization and benefits of a vision board
- 26:47 – Your vision board evolves
- 30:05 – Not getting caught up in the external
Dr. Carol A. Penn, DO, MA, ABOM, FACOFP doubly Board Certified in Family Medicine and Obesity Medicine as well as being a Master movement, meditation, and mindset coach brings more than 40 years of experience and expertise in Mind Body Medicine and the movement sciences. Gifted with the ability to inspire and educate about self care, Dr. Penn brings a unique set of skills to her work as a physician. Her work in Mindful Movement and the dynamic small group facilitation work in the Mind Body Spirit Medicine series is designed to assist each participant in their journey of deep self care and in learning how to prioritize themselves on behalf of achieving their best and highest self. In her online Mind Body Medicine series you will learn how to balance your Sympathetic and Parasympathetic nervous system as well as how to uncouple the amygdala and hippocampus regions of the brain from fear based behaviors that hold us back and keep us stuck.
Dr. Penn hoping to guide each person on their own unique journey, holds national certifications in Mind Body Medicine from the Center for Mind Body Medicine; Health, Wellness and Fitness Coach from Wellcoaches; and is a certified Personal Trainer from the National Council on Strength and Fitness. Additionally, she has a 500 hour certification in yoga from Soma Yoga and is certified in Organ Cleansing QiGong. She also brings her artistic sensibilities to the marriage of the arts and medicine with her background as a professionally trained dancer and choreographer with the world famous Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater and a Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts Teaching Fellow, Dr. Penn will get you moving and keep you moving on your path to health and wellness.