Listen to the Podcast
- 1:38 – When to consult an auction house and when might they help
- 7:55 – What kind of auctions are there
- 12:41 – Timing the market and impact of Covid on auction industry
- 21:49 – What is an auction estimate and why does it matter
- 26:25 – Which auction house to choose
- 29:04 – Do you have to be famous to sell successfully at auction and tips to sell well
Mr. Dunavant spearheaded the expansion by Doyle into the Mid-Atlantic region over twenty years ago, establishing the Washington, DC office and now the company’s continued expansion further into the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions. He continues to supervise estate appraisals, museum deaccessions, and art and antiques evaluations for heirs and collectors. He frequently travels throughout the United States giving lectures, sharing his passion for antique silver, and aiding in business development for the company. Mr. Dunavant lectures frequently on a broad range of topics including specific collecting areas such as Antique Silver, the history of dining, and general collecting trends. In addition, Mr. Dunavant has shared his expertise as an appraiser on the popular television series Antiques Roadshow for fifteen consecutive seasons from 2004-2020; and looks forward to the 2021 season.