Listen to the Podcast
- 2:57 – What is elder abuse
- 4:19 – Introduction to elder abuse as a District Attorney
- 6:48 – Most common type of elder abuse
- 7:48 – Likely victims and perpetrators of elder abuse
- 12:40 – Advice if you suspect elder abuse
- 16:48 – Why is elder abuse the crime of the 21st Century
- 21:45 – Coronavirus and elder abuse
Newly retired Deputy District Attorney Paul Greenwood was a lawyer in England for 13 years. After relocating to San Diego in 1991 he passed the California Bar and joined the DA’s office in 1993. For twenty two years Paul headed up the Elder Abuse Prosecution Unit at the San Diego DA’s Office. In 1999 California Lawyer magazine named Paul as one of their top 20 lawyers of the year in recognition of his pioneering efforts to pursue justice on behalf of senior citizens.
He has prosecuted over 750 felony cases of both physical, sexual, emotional and financial elder abuse. He has also prosecuted ten murder cases, including one death penalty case.