Listen to the Podcast
- 1:35 – Recap of Probate – Part 1 of 2
- 7:32 – If someone passes away, how to start Probate process
- 11:35 – How has Covid impacted the Probate process
- 16:14 – Where does documentation get filed
- 19:38 – Legal requirements and role of Personal Representative
- 27:04 – Can the courts remove a Personal Representative
- 28:34 – Reasonable compensation and Personal Representative
- 30:57 – Nuggets and being named as Personal Representative
- 33:50 – Probate and Digital assets
Lindsey B. Sarowitz has been with Handler & Levine, LLC, since 2013. Ms. Sarowitz is an associate with the firm, and regularly represents individuals, including Federal government employees, in preparing their estate plans, consisting of wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care directives and other estate planning documents. She also represents Estates and Trustees in regard to decedent’s issues, helping guide families through probate and trust administration following the loss of a loved one.
Ms. Sarowitz graduated from American University in Washington, D.C. with a degree in Justice. She received her law degree from Thomas Jefferson School of Law, in San Diego, CA. Ms. Sarowitz is a member of the Bar in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia, and practices regularly in all jurisdictions. She is originally from New York, and currently lives in Bethesda, Maryland.