Listen to the Podcast
- 1:24 – What is sports reminiscence therapy
- 2:30 – The impact of baseball on society
- 4:10 – What is BasebALZ
- 5:51 – Engagement from participants of BasebALZ
- 7:54 – Baseball and the senses
- 9:55 – Caregivers and participants of BasebALZ
- 11:32 – How the BasebALZ program works
- 14:12 – How BasebALZ has evolved
- 16:44 – How the pandemic has changed the program
- 24:52 – Growth of sports reminiscence and baseball therapy
- 27:53 – Any involvement with Major League Baseball, teams or players
- 30:53 – Importance of baseball and my life
Jon is an award-winning producer, multimedia innovator, and baseball historian with over 30 years of experience in the entertainment industry working with clients like Disney, Pixar, and Universal Studios.
Since 2018, Jon has led “BasebALZ”, a reminiscence therapy program from the Society of American Baseball Research (SABR) in partnerships with Alzheimer’s Los Angeles, the Veteran’s Administration, and Alzheimer’s San Diego. Jon is also the chair for SABR’s Baseball Memories group, whose mission is to initiate more baseball reminiscences therapy programs led by their membership in chapters around the USA.