Listen to the Podcast
- 1:55 – Tidbits on the foot
- 4:59 – Nails – Onychomycosis
- 6:34 – Nails – Paronychia
- 7:36 – Skin infections (bacterial, fungal, viral)
- 11:04 – Podiatric biomechanics
- 13:06 – Biomechanical orthotics
- 14:14 – Hallux abducto valgus (bunion) and hallux rigidus
- 16:31 – Digital deformities
- 18:11 – Heel pain
- 20:30 – Keratosis – Corns and Callous
- 22:57 – Neuroma
- 24:17 – Diabetes
- 29:05 – Questions
Dr. Mark Hinkes is a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine who recently retired from clinical care after 40 years’ service. 20 years in private practice in Miami, FL and 20 years at the Veterans Affairs Medical Centers. In Nashville, Tennessee he served as the Chief of Podiatry Services and Director of Podiatric Medical Education. He has been the Chairman of the Preservation Amputation Care and Treatment (PACT) Program for over a decade.
Dr. Hinkes is certified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery and the American Professional Wound Care Association. He is a diplomat of the American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons. His professional memberships include the American Podiatric Medical Association, American Podiatric Writers Association, American Professional Wound Care Association and Association for the Advancement of Wound Care. He is a frequent blog contributor to several wound care blogs including Podiatry Today Magazine and his personal LinkedIn site. He is President and CMO of ePrevenir, a company who offers a cloud-based tool for Primary Care Providers to manage the four comorbidities of diabetes.