Listen to the Podcast
- 3:44 – What is dementia (neurocognitive disorder)
- 8:43 – We are not based solely on our scores
- 10:28 – Dementia holds both challenges and joy
- 11:58 – 6 domains of cognition
- 13:10 – 1st is Complex Attention
- 14:35 – 2nd is Executive Functioning
- 16:08 – 3rd is Memory
- 18:13 – 4th is Language
- 20:26 – 5th is Perceptual Motor
- 21:21 – 6th is Social-Cognition
- 23:34 – Sub-types of Dementia (Alzheimer’s, Frontotemporal Dementia and Lewy Body)
- 27:17 – Questions
Kyrié (Kee-re-ay) is a corporate coach and ageism activist. She loves being with others in their story, particularly at points of transition in career or life phase. She brings joy and enthusiasm to her coaching, focusing on gentle, sustainable growth as opposed to a “soul boot-camp.”
She is the co-founder of the anti-ageism clearinghouse OldSchool.info and the editor of the ChangingAging blog with more than 30,000 subscribers. She has spoken at the International Alzheimer’s Association Conference, the Eden Alternative Conference (featured in Atul Gawande’s best selling book: Being Mortal), and has most recently been touring the country with thought leader Dr. Bill Thomas on his ‘ChangingAging Tour’. Kyrie’s book, Healing Dementia, has been endorsed by renowned geriatrician Al Power, and her work on OldSchool, with TED speaker Ashton Applewhite, was recently featured in the New York Times.
Kyrié splits her time between San Francisco and vagabonding in her Sprinter camper van. In 2015 she traveled to all 50 states via van the culmination of which was founding a wellness center, Prosper.