Listen to the Podcast
- 2:30 – What is virtual reality
- 4:30 – Travel, learn, explore and relax with virtual reality
- 7:08 – What does virtual reality mean for your health
- 10:18 – Virtual reality at home (accessibility)
- 10:44 – Leading virtual reality options for seniors
- 15:43 – Things to consider if purchasing off the shelf
- 17:33 – Virtual reality for enterprise
- 23:29 – Questions
Carleigh is a recent graduate of George Washington University where she discovered her love for entrepreneurship. As the CEO of Viva Vita, Carleigh wants to bring virtual reality to retirement communities and senior individuals for engaging experiences that promote brain health and community fellowship.
In 2019, Carleigh Berryman had an idea that would catalyze a change for the mental health of seniors. She watched her grandmother, Glenda, age each year and not being able to enjoy experiences as she did before becoming a senior. One day, Glenda shared with Carleigh that she had no reason to “get out of the bed in the morning.” Carleigh wanted to help her Granny and hundreds of other grannies and grandpas improve their mental wellness and quality of life. Thus, Viva Vita was established to bring virtual reality (VR) to retirement communities for engaging experiences that promote brain health and community fellowship.
Today, Viva Vita is made up of a youthful team of innovators and dynamic team members passionate to break through the virtual reality industry for seniors.