Listen to the Podcast
- 1:52 – Reasons for downsizing
- 3:09 – Realities for downsizing/li>
- 6:48 – How to decide what to take
- 8:30 – How do I know what will fit
- 8:45 – Floor plans for your new space
- 10:40 – List rooms in current/future home
- 14:27 – Make it easier on yourself
- 15:40 – Gather supplies and make space for separate areas
- 19:42 – Donating your items
- 21:37 – Selling your items
- 23:43 – Books and a guide
- 25:17 – Where to get help from a professional
- 28:20 – Questions
Susan Kousek, the owner of Balanced Spaces®, LLC in Reston, Virginia, is a Certified Professional Organizer and a member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals (NAPO) and of the National Speakers Association (NSA).
In 1999, she founded Balanced Spaces and has since worked with hundreds of people helping them lead a more organized life in their office or home. Through her seminars, she has taught thousands of attendees how to better manage their time, organize their paper and computer documents, manage email, and declutter their homes and offices.
Seminar clients include local and federal government agencies, trade associations, non-profits, and corporations. She has also presented many times at the NAPO national conference, as well as at NAPO chapters. Individual clients include government and corporate employees, small business and non-profit CEOs, solopreneurs, homeowners, and retirees.