Listen to the Podcast
- 2:16 – Aging in Place (Successful Components of)
- 5:04 – Benefits of aging in place
- 8:00 – Cost comparisons
- 12:27 – What if you don’t plan to age in place
- 14:15 – Things you can do to age in place
- 14:52 – Entrances
- 18:35 – Inside stairs
- 21:26 – Kitchen
- 23:53 – Bathroom
- 26:36 – Bedroom
- 28:41 – Picture examples of modifications
- 31:23 – The moral of this story (tips to make house safe as grow older)
Terri Lemere, M.S., OTR/L, ECHM, CAPS has been a practicing Occupational Therapist for 25 years. She has vast experience working in a variety of settings – skilled nursing facilities, inpatient rehab, outpatient, hospital, assisted living facilities, and her favorite setting – home health. Terri earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology in 1991 from The University of South Carolina, and her Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy in 1996 from Towson University. Terri went on to earn her Executive Certificate in Home Modification from USC Leonard Davis, School of Gerontology in 2020. She also became a Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS) in 2020.
She founded Healthy Home Living Solutions, LLC in 2021 and offers home safety assessments, aging in place solutions, and client/caregiver education on safe strategies and fall prevention. Terri lives in Middletown, Maryland (Frederick County) with her husband, two college-aged sons, and Chesapeake Bay Retriever.