Listen to the Podcast
- 1:05 – Making sure your estate goes to the right people
- 2:28 – Leaving your estate outright vs a trust
- 5:10 – What is a testamentary trust
- 9:35 – Do I need an attorney in multiple states for a trust
- 10:37 – What does the trust for a minor have to say
- 16:38 – Role of the trustee
- 19:16 – Who do I name as my trustee
- 24:28 – You can change your trustee
- 26:00 – Questions
Lindsey B. Sarowitz has been with Handler & Levine, LLC, since 2013. Ms. Sarowitz is an associate with the firm, and regularly represents individuals, including Federal government employees, in preparing their estate plans, consisting of wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care directives and other estate planning documents. She also represents Estates and Trustees in regard to decedent’s issues, helping guide families through probate and trust administration following the loss of a loved one.
Ms. Sarowitz graduated from American University in Washington, D.C. with a degree in Justice. She received her law degree from Thomas Jefferson School of Law, in San Diego, CA. Ms. Sarowitz is a member of the Bar in Maryland and the District of Columbia, and practices regularly in both jurisdictions. She is originally from New York, and currently lives in Bethesda, Maryland.