Listen to the Podcast
- 1:04 – What is a last will and testament
- 2:48 – What is probate
- 5:21 – Elements of a valid will
- 9:14 – Understanding the laws in your own state
- 12:19 – Can I change my will
- 13:26 – Duties of executor or personal representative
- 15:44 – How to choose a personal representative or fiduciary
- 19:57 – No assets but does have a will, does will have to be filed
- 23:28 – Estate planning should happen when turn age 18
- 25:15 – Time frame to finish a will
- 26:34 – Biggest piece of advice – be informed
Lindsey B. Sarowitz has been with Handler & Levine, LLC, since 2013. Ms. Sarowitz is an associate with the firm, and regularly represents individuals, including Federal government employees, in preparing their estate plans, consisting of wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care directives and other estate planning documents. She also represents Estates and Trustees in regard to decedent’s issues, helping guide families through probate and trust administration following the loss of a loved one.
Ms. Sarowitz graduated from American University in Washington, D.C. with a degree in Justice. She received her law degree from Thomas Jefferson School of Law, in San Diego, CA. Ms. Sarowitz is a member of the Bar in Maryland and the District of Columbia, and practices regularly in both jurisdictions. She is originally from New York, and currently lives in Bethesda, Maryland.