Listen to the Podcast
- 0:25 – The difference in this crisis from others
- 1:41 – What is considered normal
- 3:23 – How is our mental health impacted during Covid-19
- 7:39 – Why is isolation so damaging to our mental health
- 9:46 – Why is uncertainty so hard to cope with
- 12:05 – What is resilience
- 14:21 – What is post-traumatic growth
- 15:54 – Understanding what self-care is and does for you
- 18:46 – Self-care during Covid-19
- 21:30 – Loss of being near loved ones during Covid-19
- 22:02 – Value of good old fashioned letter writing
- 24:31 – Grieving during Covid-19
Lisa Dinhofer, MA, CT, known as “The Crisis Tamer’, works with subject matter and circumstances most people turn away from. She mentors companies past traumatic and destabilizing events, workplace abuse and crisis communications to regain stability, establish a new normal and build resilience. Lisa was an employee at the World Trade Center during the 1993 bombing and was still working in NYC during 9/11. She draws from those first hand experiences of workplace trauma and lessons learned from other workplace tragedies.
Lisa is a certified Thanatologist with a sub-specialty in trauma, trained counselor, trained mediator, and a crisis communication specialist with 18+ years of professional experience training, consulting, coaching, debriefing and public speaking. Lisa works with a diverse client base within both for-profit and non-profit organizations. She currently serves as a designated coach for an on-line community based in the UK for people struggling with addiction and is a credentialed provider with an EAP.