Listen to the Podcast
- 2:12 – What is obesity
- 3:30 – Obesity rate in US and Internationally
- 5:29 – Is hospital bias a real thing
- 7:26 – Acute care and treatment challenges/delays
- 8:52 – Vessel access
- 12:00 – Obesity challenges in hospital
- 15:57 – Medication and aeration
- 18:02 – Wound healing
- 18:40 – Thrombogenic (clots)
- 19:07 – Covid-19 and obesity (correlation to bad outcomes)
- 22:45 – Body mass index (BMI) and covid-19
- 23:45 – Latino and black covid-19 outcomes
Asante Dickson, MD is is chairman of Adventist healthcare White Oak Medical Center and CoFounder/President, Ascension Medical Educators, LLC, a professional services firm committed to providing quality academic advising, professional development, and positive self-assessment of students aspiring to the profession of medicine.
Dr. Dickson is a graduate of Cornell University and former post baccalaureate student at Georgetown University in the Georgetown Experimental Medical Studies (GEMS) Program. He achieved the Doctorate of Allopathic Medicine from Georgetown University School of Medicine (GUSOM), with a Fellowship in Stanford University’s Department of Radiology, Division of Neuroradiology. He is a full-time CAQ Neuroradiologist, and a committed advocate for social justice in healthcare, with significant contribution of time, talent and finance in support of high school and college – level pipeline initiatives for scholars aspiring to the profession of medicine.